Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2023

RARE STETSON CHINA SERVICE PLATTER FOR SALE

I collect American Pottery of the 20th Century because I love it and want to preserve the creative work done by the Potters and Designers. Most of the Potteries of the last century do not exist anymore. My only regret is I cannot keep it all. I live in a tiny Philadelphia Rowhouse.

Louis Stetson started the Stetson Pottery Company in 1946. He used whiteware the Mt. Clemens Pottery Company produced and added decals or hand-painted patterns.

Stetson Pottery has an American Folk and Country feeling, designs incorporate Folk with a post-war mid-century aesthetic. Stetson Pottery closed its doors in 1965.

For more information about Stetson and its marks, see Lehner's Encyclopedia of U.S. Marks on Pottery, Porcelain, and Clay by Lois Lehner (Collector Books, Paducah, KY, c1988).

I will be adding more patterns and Pottery companies as I wander FLEAing about - my favorite thing to do. Philadelphia is an old city and there is no telling what treasures I will find. 

This pattern is STT299 Pink. Service Platter. 








 

No comments: