Pages

Monday, March 27, 2023

Garden Notes #1 May 2018

In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt. - Margaret Atwood 
I was out in the garden today for the first time in bare arms. I am Ginger so I got a mild sunburn in about 20 minutes. I pruned the fig trees. We had a very cold Winter and I thought they were frozen. Figs are sprouting at their base. I removed the branches that were frozen.

I surveyed the damage to order. Order? Hah! The Birds eat Poison Ivy berries and defecate on my garden in flight. I have lots of new little Poison Ivy vines everywhere. The same for baby Mulberry trees.

The Squirrels who live in the Chinese Nut Trees ate a baby Hosta I planted. We have lots of wildlife In Philadelphia. Perhaps some marauding child hosta-napped because it was in a pot out front. God bless their evil little hearts. I love them.

Posters brought to you years ago by the United States Government, the Works Progress Administration, and American Graphic Artists. We need a Civilian Service Corps again in my humble opinion. When I come back from having some more coffee I will post a link to their source. And then I will write about some flowers that reseed themselves and take over like weeds. Especially if you mulch garden.

No comments: