Saturday, October 15, 2016

365 Days a Year - Quick Pie with Music

This is the quickest pie I ever made. I had to try it. When you have to cook for your dear ones 365 days a year, you look for fast and good. This pie was delicious. It works. I am dreaming blueberry filling now.

The recipe comes from Kitchen Kapers a community fundraising cookbook published by St. Luke's Parish Association in 1976.

To be fair, you could just call this a Cobbler. You tell me.

I used butter. I hate oleomargarine. The first try I just slopped the filling all in the middle and it was good but lopsided. The second time I made it, I took a large service spoon and put a glop in the middle and then four glops in a square around it. Perfect. Truth in baking, I made both versions in a toaster oven. My stove has died.

I give you the recipe verbatim. Vintage cookbooks tend to be terse. Musical accompaniment by Marvin & Johnny 1954.

QUICK PIE

1 stick Oleo
1 cup Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 cup Milk
1 can Cherry Pie Filling

Melt Oleo in the baking dish. Mix well Flour, Sugar, Milk and Baking Powder. Pour over the melted Oleo; do not stir. Then pour over the can of Fruit. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes.




No comments: