Friday, September 30, 2016

Football Food - Clam Dip

Unlike a great number of Americans, I am not a football fan. However, a number of football fans hang out at my house on football days. And I feed them snacks and things. And lots of good beer. 

William Flagg's Clam Dip from The Clam Lover's Cookbook. is perfect Football Food.

I might buy this cookbook. In it is a recipe for Mushrooms stuffed with Whole Clams, I am told. I love Clams. 

Clam Dip (sic)

2 packages cream cheese (3 oz each)
1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 Tbsp Horseradish
1/4 tsp mustard powder
1 Tbsp minced onion
3 drops Tabasco sauce (or more)
2 Tbsp clam juice (reserved from canned clams)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can minced clams, liquid reserved
1 tsp chopped chives
paprika

Place all through Tabasco into mixing bowl. Use electric mixer at low speed until blended. Add clam juice and mix. Add sour cream, mix until consistency of whipped cream. Add clams, blend at low speed. Add chives, blend only until mixed. Pour into serving dish and mound up. Chill half hour. 

Sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with chives, parsley, pimento, sliced onion or small whole clams. I sprinkle paprika and call it good.

Serve with potato chips. Recipe says saltines or potato chips, but who are we kidding? Hell, I can eat this with a spoon. Forget the chips!

No comments: